If you think that you are a candidate for a program in your state, the only way to know for sure is by seeing a doctor and being looked at so that you can get your medical medical marijuana recommendation. You can’t just buy a card, or hold onto a doctor’s note and think that you are protected. All of the states that have legalized medical medical marijuana have created medical Cannabis cards to track handmade weed pipes patients who are using this medicine lawfully. The only way that you are legally protected is by holding a valid medical Cannabis card that has been issued by the state in which you reside, after your doctor has seen you and recommended you for medicinal medical marijuana for your medical situation. How to secure a Card is an important step you have to follow here.
Top Five Things to Know about Medical Cannabis
There are some important things that you ought to know of with regards to medical medical marijuana. To raised help you be as prepared as possible, here are the top five things to know about it before you get your medical Cannabis card.
- Medical cards are only issued in 15 states and in DC : check with your state to find out if yours is on the list.
- You can’t get a prescription for medical marijuana, a card that gives you legal protection in your state and gives you access to medical marijuana dispensaries.
- It’s illegal to drive or operate machinery when using this; the laws are same with regards to alcohol use.
- Getting a Medical Cannabis Card is only valid for a year after it has been issued, then it must be reconditioned.
- Your medical Cannabis card is only valid for the state in which it was issued, no other states, even if they have a medical Cannabis program.
Checklist for your Medical Cannabis Appointment
Once you have made an appointment to be looked at for a Medical recommendation by a doctor, there are some things that you will want to make sure that you bring for you. This way you are as best prepared as is possible, and you can ensure that your appointment goes as easily as anticipated. Make sure to take some notes on these important items that you should bring with you, prior to your appointment. Also, if you are seeing a new doctor, make sure you bring along your medical history for them to review it while examining you for a medical medical marijuana evaluation.
Photo ID/Proof of Identification: Make sure that you bring any of the following to your appointment to provide proof your identity: current and valid state driver’s license or current and valid state ID card, current military issued ID card, passport, and proof residency (current utility bill, mortgage statement or bank statement, etc. ).
Medical history: This includes any recent medical records that you have, any prescriptions that you are currently using, any test results including X-rays or blood work, and information about your most current doctor.
Form of Payment: Make sure that you bring a credit or debit card with you or cash to pay for your appointment costs.
Other: If you are under the age of 15 to get Medical Cannabis Card, you will need to be plus a parent or a legal mother or father and or have proof that you are emancipated.